Friday, January 13, 2012

The R&B Cure

Post-holiday letdown maybe?   Perhaps a teensy bit of a holiday spending hangover?  Not sure.  But I've been a little blue, and we all know what that means:  I need some music.

On the whole, I don't listen to a whole lot of R&B.  I tend more to electronic music, with a little bit of this and that thrown in.  But for some reason, I had a yen for some R&B. Something mellow and sing-alongable, but still dance-aroundable.   Most of these songs were on my iPod already, so I assembled what I had (so thrifty!), and only downloaded about four of them from Amazon.  I know that some of these songs aren't strictly R&B--there's some funk, some rap, some soul.  But for the most part it's got a generally R&B-ish flavor.  I must say, it is an excellent playlist. Enjoy!

On Broadway:  George Benson



Be Happy:  Mary J. Blige



What's Going On:  Marvin Gaye



Dont' You Worry 'bout a Thing:  Stevie Wonder


Strawberry Letter 23:  Brothers Johnson



Lovely Day:  Bill Withers



Take Off Your Cool:  Andre 3000 and Norah Jones


September:  Earth Wind & Fire



Old Songs:  Betty Wright



Honey Please Can't Ya See:  Barry White



Just Friends:  Amy Winehouse



Turn Your Love Around:  George Benson


Let's Stay Together:  Al Green



Mercy Mercy Me:  Marvin Gaye


Forget Me Nots:  Patrice Rushen



In the Middle of the Game:  Betty Wright


You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine:  Lou Rawls



Back and Forth:  Cameo



He Can Only Hold Her:  Amy Winehouse


Just the Two of Us:  Grover Washington and Bill Withers



Give Me the Night:  George Benson


Nothin' On You:  Bruno Mars


The Tears of a Clown:  Smokey Robinson


We're in this Love Together:  Al Jarreau



You Take My Heart Away:  DeEtta Little and Nelson Pigford



Fantasy:  Earth Wind & Fire


Across 110th Street:   Bobby Womack



My Cherie Amour:  Stevie Wonder


I feel so much better already!

2 comments: