Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy (for a limited time only?)


Okay, well,  that's enough whining.  My point is that it is so important to notice your happiness!  Pay attention to what you are doing and notice your contentment!  It is so easy to let the days get away from you, focusing only on what's hard, what's a nuisance.  Noticing your satisfaction is like visting an oasis if you're having a crappy day, and it's a nice bonus if you're not having a crappy day.

Knowing that my time at home may be coming to an end (hopefully not totally--a part-time job would suit me just fine), I'm trying to be even more aware of how much I love staying home.  I approach housewifery with the same work ethic I approached any paid position I've had.  I start early, stay late, and keep to a schedule.  I look around to see what else needs to be done.  I give it my all.

So when I'm in some office filing and answering phones, I won't feel like I didn't appreciate my life.  To the contrary--I know very well that being a housewife is the best job I've ever had.  And, well, okay, perhaps I've not been looking very hard for a job--I'm kind of hoping that something to do with books or food or writing, for, oh, four hours a day, that pays an enormous amount of money, will--poof!--appear before me.

Hope springs eternal.  Now I have to go put the laundry in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment